Cloud Computing is a new way of approaching the ownership and use of IT products and services in your business. Rather than incur the expense of purchase, maintenance and upgrades of an in-house server and associated software, IT services are hosted on the Cloud instead.
'The Cloud' is a group of high powered servers housed in a large data centre. We use these servers and a broadband internet connection to deliver IT services including email, telephony and software, to your business. You pay a fixed monthly fee for the services you use - easy to budget, easy to manage.
The benefits of switching to Cloud hosted rather than locally hosted IT services include cost reduction, improvement in efficiency, security and reliability, and ease of management.
Switch to Cloud Computing from Ridgewall to realise the potential of the latest technology and transform your business. Migrating to the Cloud is a very simple process - because we take care of everything for you.
We will specify the most appropriate services to meet your needs, set up your account and switch over from your existing provision in a seamless process with no interruption to your day-to-day operations. Our engineers work quickly and unobtrusively on site and our customer service team will keep you up-to-date with progress at all times.
Once the migration is complete all the benefits of Cloud Computing are immediately available to all your users. And you can be assured that your new IT provision is safe and secure in our hands; we are certified to ISO 27001 for Information Security Management.
The main benefits of cloud computing include:
- Reduced costs. No in-house servers are required, therefore initial outlay is significantly reduced. Thereafter, you pay only for what you need. This switches the provision of IT infrastructure from a CapEx to an OpEx model.
- Increased availability. Our servers offer greater than 99% uptime.
- Business Continuity. We operate Cloud servers in multiple locations and maintain excess capacity in each. This means that if there is a problem with one, we can quickly switch your account to an alternative, meaning no loss of service.
- Scalable. Add and remove users instantly and pay only for what you use. Users can be added as your business grows, or to cope with a spike in demand.
- Future proof. Whatever the future holds for your business, your Cloud hosted services can cope since new users and new services can be easily and almost instantly added to your account. As new versions of software are released, they are automatically deployed. And server capacity is never an issue.
- Security. Our Cloud servers are physically and electronically secure, protecting your data and your access to services.
- All communications services from a single supplier. One account with us for Cloud hosted services covers all of your email, telephone and video communications, giving you a single point of contact for all, and a single bill.
- Easy admin. All of your Cloud hosted services are managed from a single dashboard.
- Improved productivity. Much of the software available on the Cloud offers a host of features designed to make day-today operations more efficient. You can find out more about this by exploring the Managed Services section of this website.
- Automatic upgrades. All software upgrades, previously costly and time consuming to install, are automatically implemented on the Cloud servers and applied to your account.
We provide Cloud hosted services that deliver tangible business benefits
The impact that Cloud Computing has had on businesses around the world is monumental. The benefits are many and varied, and we believe passionately that this approach to IT services is the one that best serves business interests. That is why we have developed a range of Cloud hosted products and services, and invested in the technology and the people to deliver them.
We have taken all necessary steps to ensure that our Cloud hosted services are relevant, robust, accessible and beneficial to your business. Our aim is to make a real difference to your organisation through the provision of Cloud Computing solutions that make business processes and communications more efficient, more streamlined, and easier to manage. In this way we are able to realise business efficiencies and cost savings that impact the bottom line.
Businesses of all sizes in all industries can enjoy the benefits of Cloud Computing.
Cloud Computing is used by one-person businesses and by multinational enterprises, by service providers, manufacturers, retailers, and public sector organisations. No matter what industry you are in, how you operate or the size of your business, you can benefit from Cloud Computing.
At their heart, all businesses have the same basic needs: communications, data security, business continuity, operational functionality. Some businesses operate in a more complex environment than others, with multiple locations, large databases and varied communications channels. Some must operate within a regulatory framework. Others just need to be able to rely on their email and telephones to stay in touch with their customers and suppliers. For all these businesses, Cloud Computing offers the means to leverage technology and really use it to its best advantage.